ANZAC Poppies in the Park
We will remember them.
We will remember their courage and their sacrifice.
Remembering those that served is a reminder that peace, stability and safeguarding our country’s values and interests came with great personal sacrifice.
“Anzac Day is a national day of commemoration observed on 25 April each year. It commemorates those who died serving New Zealand during war while honouring returned and current servicemen and women, past and present.
25 April marks the day in 1915 when Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) landed at Gallipoli in Turkey, the site of New Zealand’s first major battle of World War One with the loss of over 2,700 New Zealand soldiers.
We honour the Anzac values of courage, compassion, camaraderie, and commitment and a time we depended on each other as brothers.”
~ RSA (Returned and Services Association)
Join us at ANZAC Poppies in the Park, held at the Historical Maritime Park and Museum from Saturday 20 April to Thursday 25 April 2019, 10am – 3pm each day.
- Go for a garden wander and see over 2000 poppies on display
- Food and refreshments are available for purchase including a “Digger’s lunch”, ANZAC surprise along with ANZAC biscuits with a cup of tea or coffee in delightful heritage cups
- Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the atmosphere of remembrance while you listen to music of the war era echoing through the trees
- Paddle boat rides also available by arrangement
- Enjoy our Movie Night on Saturday 20th, starting time 7pm, entry by koha. Bookings essential
- ANZAC Day Evening Service from 5pm
- Join us for the Digger’s Dinner on Thursday evening, $10 per person. Bookings essential
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||$10.00|
|Children up to high school age||$2.00|
|Children under 5 years||FREE|
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for news and updates (including any wet weather cancellations). You can also call us on 07 862 7121.
Directions and parking
Finding us is easy
Paeroa is centrally located between Auckland and Tauranga on State Highway 2. The Historical Maritime Park and Museum is just north of town, you can’t miss it.
Our address is 6894 Puke Rd, Paeroa.
There’s plenty of parking, but please do not park on the main road. To find your way to park, turn on to Hubbard Road and follow the signs that will lead you down Ngahina Wharf (below the Puke bridge) and right to our doorstep.
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye breaks faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
By Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae